Saturday, June 4, 2011

TOS Blue Ribbon Awards




The year is up for the TOS Crew of  2010-11. Every year the crew members vote for their favorite curriculum in various categories.  The votes have been tallied and the winners have been announced!  I reviewed a lot of these products, but not all of them. If I reviewed them, I've provided a link to my review. All have a link to the Crew's blog where you will find all of the reviews given this year for that product.

Congratulations to all the winners!

The following vendors are the recipients of the award this year:

Favorite Language Arts Product => Institute For Excellence in Writing (IEW)

Favorite Social Studies Product => Bright Ideas Press-Wondermaps

Favorite Science Product => Eagle’s Wings-Considering God’s Creation


My Review

Favorite Math Product => I See Cards-Pyramath
My Review

Favorite Online Math Product => Ten Marks
My Review

Favorite Writing Product => Writing Tales

Favorite Reading Instruction Product => Talking Fingers
My Review here and here

Favorite Foreign Language Product => Classical Academic Press
My Review

Favorite Fine Arts Product (art, music, etc.) => Artistic Pursuits
My Review

Favorite Preschool Product => Go Go Kabongo
My Review

Favorite Elementary Product => Speekee
My Review

Favorite Upper Grade Product => Vocab Ahead

Favorite Special Needs Product => See-N-Read

Favorite Christian Education Product => Apologia
My Review

Best Resource I Didn’t Know I Needed => Lanschool Technologies

Best Customer Service => Peterson Directed Handwriting
My Review

Best Online Resource => Big IQ Kids

Best e-product => Zeezok Publishing-ZGuide to the Movies

Best Technology Resource => Collectorz

Best Homeschool Resource => Yesterday’s Classics

Best Book, Novel or Magazine => Zoe & Sozo Publishing-Foundlings

Best Children’s Book => Kregel Publications-Circle C Beginnings
My Review

Best Hands-On Resource => Corps of Re-Discovery
My Review

Most Adaptable Resource => The Write Foundation

Most Unique Resource => GoTrybe
My Review

Most Family-Oriented Product => Growing Healthy Homes-Nutrition 101
My Review

Kid’s Choice => Schleich Action Figures

All Around Crew Favorite => Institute For Excellence in Writing
My Review

No comments: