Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hawaii

After visiting Pearl Harbor we went to lunch at Dukes in Honolulu.  Dukes is located right on Waikiki Beach.  Very cool setting, very good restaurant.  We were staying about an hour away from Honolulu so this was our first drive down to Honolulu and the infamous Waikiki Beach.  When I first walked out onto the beach and saw Honolulu's sky-scrapers lining the edge and Diamond Head perched at the end of white sandy beaches w/ turquoise waters rolling up onto the sand, the theme song to Hawaii Five-O immediately came into my mind. LOL  If you watch the slide show you'll see I still can't get it out of my mind.   We didn't stay long at the beach.  After an early morning arrival at Pearl Harbor, then lunch at Dukes, everyone was ready to go back to the hotel.  We let the kids play a little bit along the waters edge.  I thought I might get a nice Christmas card picture of the kids with Diamond head in the background.  My little guy, who really needed a nap, was not interested in Christmas cards however. 

1 comment:

quietcajun said...

I love Diamond Head. I still have a T-shirt from when I climbed Diamond Head.