Monday, April 30, 2007

My Kiddo's

Since I have 5 kids I thought I'd dedicate a specific day through the week for each one.  Today is Monday so I'll start with my oldest, who will be called Gill.



 


Gill is  a lively 9.5 year old.  She loves reading and fish.  She is my most challenging and exasperating child as well as my most loving.   Which means she also brings out some of my worst and best Mommy moments.  She is gifted in so many areas yet  lags behind her peers in social skills and basic common sense.  She has a strong sense of right and wrong and doesn't hesitiate to tell you if she thinks you've done something wrong.  Life is black and white with no gray areas.  She loves to argue and does so with gusto.  School comes easily for Gill.  She doesn't have to work hard, for anything.  This can make her fall into a lazy mode when things get a little more challenging.  She plays the piano beautifully and has a very pretty singing voice, when she's not goofing around.

Gill is very small for her age.  Most people, when asked how old they think she looks (a favorite game Gill likes to play), will guess 5 or 6.  Despite the fact her younger siblings are standing there, and there are four  of them who are clearly younger than her, they will guess really low.   She looks about 7, the age of my second dd.  She gets such a kick out of people guessing her to be so young.  If she could have her way, she'd stay at the age of 4 forever.  She has determined that to be her best year and would love to go back to that age.  I don't know what was going on at that age that makes her so attached but she is a girl who never wants to grow up.  She loves being small! 

I love that at this age, she still calls me Mommy, likes to curl up on my lap and would like nothing better than to spend time w/ me.

That's Gill in a nutshell.  I'll write more later about what she's done today.



Gill goofing around w/ the camera snapping pictures of herself.

No comments: