Monday, May 5, 2008

Blog Hopping

Do you leave comments when you visit blogs?  Well, I know that most people who visit my blog don't, so I guess I'll never really know the answer to that question. LOL

I'm one of those that visit blogs but don't leave many comments.  There are a few people that I regularly leave a note, but in general, I read, smile, cry, laugh, ponder and move on never reaching out to let that person know they were heard.

So, I thought I'd give visiting blogs on my friends and links list and leaving a message a try.  Monday's will be my "reach out and touch a blog friend" day.  Not only will I visit and comment on their blog, I'll share the blog addy's of those I visited, so you can meet some new friends as well. :)

My first visit tonight was to my dear friend Jen's blog.  Jen always shares what fun they are having in school in great detail.  I want to go join their school, they look like they have so much fun.  Jen and I met online through FIAR's website.  Our kids are close in age and we discovered we have a lot in common (and keep discovering more interests that we share all the time).  We finally met last fall in Atlanta.  One of the really cool things is our kids hit if off really well and our two oldest girls, whose names are even close, are having fun with their weekly telephone conversations.   I'm looking forward to finding a time we can go visit them in AL!

The next blog I went to was Amanda, another "rower".  However her blog seems to be gone.  So, no comment or link for that one.

Number 3 was, yes, another "rower's" blog.  (from this point on just assume they are all rowers (as in Five in a Row(er)) unless I tell you otherwise.  It'll just be easier that way. )  This is Christina's blog and as much as I would have loved to have left her a comment, I don't have a blogger account, so I couldn't.  (actually I do have an account, I just can't remember my user name or password LOL) 

Number 4 was Shauna who always has really interesting things to share on her blog.  She gives great book reviews and heads up on good deals.  I enjoyed her post on her and her kids Homeschool Support group classes, so that's where I left the comment.  :)  I enjoyed her post on the political books, I'm just not real political so I didn't think I had much to comment on there. LOL  Shauna is the one who told me about using the Mozilla server w/ our Mac so I could start blogging again.  You can either thank her or curse her for that, depending on your opinion of my blogging.

My 5th and final blog I visited (going straight down my list on the right) was Jess's blog.  However, sigh, this is her old blog.  I have her new blog linked further down, so I'll hit that one eventually. ;)  Because it was an old blog, I didn't leave a message there either!

Well, that was not a real successful first time out.  But it has shown me I need to do a little pruning on my template.

Hope you stop by their blogs and leave a message along the way.  (you can leave one on my blog too ;-) ).

2 comments:

LeslieN said...

What a great idea! I am trying to do better about leaving comments- but like you find I can't do it on some blogs. I do like getting comments though, so I try to do better about leaving them.


Loved talking with you last night!


Hugs to you!

Leslie

Jen U said...

I sometimes leave comments and sometimes do not. I am not registered with blogger either and so any of the fiar moms who have blogger blogs, I cannot comment on. I tend to leave a comment on the blogs I visit on a regular basis- or if I know they "know" me. If I think they won't recognize my name then I usually won't- unless I just really want to thank them for something they posted about or comment on something. :-)


I have often wondered if we have anyone that visits our blog but doesn't comment. I occasionally get emails from people like that when they have a question about something. It's always fun to meet new people. Truthfully- I wish more people would take the time to comment. I love the cyber interaction that comments often bring. And it's just nice to know someone is reading!


We would love to have ya'll visit Alabama!! :-) Did you happen to see my post on the tag and what I would buy if I had a million dollars? ;-)