Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

My camera isn't great for taking pictures of the night sky.   I went out every half hour from 2:30 to 4:00 am, yawn,  and snapped the progression of the eclipse.  I wanted to go back out to watch as the moon came back into full view again, but I was too tired and just rolled over and went back to sleep!  Sorry for the fuzzy quality, but since you know what the pictures supposed to be, you can actually see the progression.


Full Moon before eclipse


 



Beginning of eclipse 2:30am


 



Eclipse at 3:30, midway



Eclipse at 4:00am


 


 


 

1 comment:

Hallmark said...

Wow, great pictures! I thought about bringing our camera outside, but forgot all about it when I turned back to go in and wake everyone to see the eclipse... I stepped wrong and managed to hurt both my ankles and one knee in the fall. Ouch.


But what I did see was beautiful, and I'm glad you posted these pictures so my dc can get an idea of what it looked like.


Thanks!

Jean